In the summer of 2021, Shopify announced an upgrade to its theme architecture: Online Store 2.0. The new version of the store themes carry a wide array of new features, including sections on all pages, ability to filter collections, and improved app integration.
Overall, the Online Store 2.0 upgrade will make it easier to customize your store.
We’re speaking from experience when we say that upgrading our Shopify site to its Shopify 2.0 theme has not only allowed us to utilize some of these new features, but has also improved our site speed significantly.
You can read our Shopify 2.0 case study to understand why our site was underperforming and how migrating to Shopify 2.0 (thankfully) turned our numbers around.
What’s included in our Shopify 2.0 migration package:
- Audit and analysis of your current store and suggestions for improvements
- Suggested theme upgrade based on your business’ brand strategy
- Upgrade of your Shopify Store to it’s 2.0 version or migration to new 2.0 theme
- Facelift of your site throughout migration
- Customization of pages:
- Home page, Product pages, Collection pages, Check out page
- Suggestions and implementation of upgrades to improve Search bar, Menu navigation, and product upload process
- Google Analytics set up if needed
- Unlimited products, categories, and collections
- Personalized migration plan that works best for your store
- Completion in 4-5 weeks
- Coaching through new store features post-migration
- Included extra: any SEO improvements we can offer
Disclaimer: For intricate, large and complex stores, price and timeline may be adjusted. Purchase of new Shopify theme will be an additional cost to you.
Shopify 2.0 Features:
- Upgraded Theme Architecture
- New and Improved Shopify Themes
- Improved Store Performance (Core Web Vitals)
- Sections on all pages (not only on home page)
- App blocks on theme
- More app integrations
- Checkout page speed improvements
- Upgraded editing abilities
- Improvement to Theme Editor
- Metafield improvements
- Theme Check Error Testing
Upgrading your theme may seem like a daunting task, especially if you have already worked hard to customize your current theme. Contact us for questions or guidance through your migration to Shopify Online Store 2.0.